Dr. Julie speaks on a variety of topics ranging from technology integration to teaching Generation Z. If you have a related topic that is not mentioned in the list below, please feel free to ask.
- What do we mean when we talk about the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and how can they be incorporated into your product design? Dr. Julie can walk you through ways to align your product with the CCSS from the get-go—including how you can help beginning readers become “core-ready.”
- What does the latest research say about the impact of digital media on student learning? Drawing upon the latest studies, Dr. Julie can get you up to speed on findings from studies carried out by organizations such as the Joan Ganz Cooney Center and Common Sense Media, as well as up-to-the minute academic research.
- What are the hallmarks of outstanding children’s media? Child engagement is important, but so are many other factors, such as development levels of students, levels of play, and built-in challenges and rewards. Dr. Julie can guide you through each of these factors and help you brainstorm the design implications for your product.
- What are some of the most effective teaching strategies for Generation Z? And how can we apply them to help young people become global citizens? Dr. Julie can show you how to design products to help students expand their worldview by communicating about specific topics (such as literature, science, history) with peers around the world.
- How can new technologies be used to help narrow the achievement gap? We are all concerned that many children in underserved communities are falling behind their more privileged peers academically. Dr. Julie can show you specific strategies for designing products to level the playing field by helping all students succeed.
- How can we help children become strong, enthusiastic readers in the Digital Age? The ultimate goal of literacy education is to children comprehend what they’ve read. Dr. Julie can show you how your product’s design (for iBooks, eBooks, games, apps) can help children understand and interpret what they read.
- How can we help children become strong, enthusiastic writers in the Digital Age? Some might argue that today’s children are writing more than ever. But what are they writing? Dr. Julie shows you how to create products that will encourage children to write more long-range projects (such as books, magazines, and blogs) to share with peers around the world.